Child Car Safety Tips For Parents…
Note These Child Car Safety Tips for travelling with Children
When you are in a hurry to go somewhere you may overlook some basic child car safety rules and this could be a fatal mistake. never overlook these basic safety requirements when you are travelling anywhere with toddlers infants or young children. Safety first when travelling means never being in so much of a hurry that you forget to strap children into their car seats or ensure they are wearing their safety belts. It also does not matter what sort of transport means you are using. Below I want to refresh you on 5 basic child car safety rules for parents that should be not negotiable:
1. First and most importantly is to ensure fastening of seatbelts or restraints, or ensuring the toddler or infant is secure in his/her car seat. Toddlers and little children can be naughty in a car and even cause an accident from distracting you. Besides this they can also easily hurt themselves in a moving vehicle if they are not secure when you need to brake suddenly, or corner sharply.
2. Keep all the childs or baby essentials with you when travelling with children and babies. For babies this means milk bottles nappies, wipes and medicines and for bigger children something to keep them occupies, bottled water of cool drinks and any other things they may need during the journey irrespective of whether it is a long or short distance you will be traveling.
3. If you are going shopping make sure that your child seat is in a position behind you where you can see them at a glance and while in the store position the child in the middle of the shopping cart to prevent them getting hurt by passers by or from other shopping carts bumping into yours.
4. For longer journeys you need to bring along toys that will keep children occupied during the ride and make sure they are safe toys that cannot be swallowed if you have toddlers. Toys should not be heavy noisy or bulky which could distract the person driving the vehicle. If the child is distressed don’t hesitate to pull over and investigate.
5. Control your child on any mode of transport whether it is in a car, bus, or plane and teach them to sit quietly and safely until the journey is over. It is your responsibility to make sure the child behaves and in public transport this is particularly important because naughty unsupervised children can cause irritation and discomfort for other passengers.
When travelling whether short distances or long journeys it is a wise decision as a parent to be fully prepared especially on planes , trains and busses which can be a danger for little children when they want to explore. This means as a parent you should always plan ahead carefully making absolutely certain that your children will be safe until you arrive at your destination. Most parents will have to travel every day and the most important tips are child car safety which should become a habit for you. Just remember that overlooking simple safety could mean serious injury or even be fatal for children and as a parent that means safety first always